My year-end Top Ten book contest is over, and it’s time to announce my actual Top Ten list AND the lucky winners!
My ten favourite books of 2010 were:
10. Take This Bread: A Radical Conversion by Sara Miles
9. The Mistress of Nothing by Kate Pullinger
8. The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
7. Waiting for Birdy by Catherine Newman
6. Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson
5. Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb
4. Come Thou Tortoise by Jessica Grant
3. Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay
2. Room by Emma Donoghue
1. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
Thanks to everyone who played! The winners were, as promised, the first five people to send correct answers:
Stephanie, who wins a copy of Waiting for Birdy,
Dara, who gets a copy of Room,
Tina, who also wants Room,
Cathy, who told me to surprise her, so she gets a copy of Come, Thou Tortoise,
Jacqueline H, who will be receiving a copy of Waiting for Birdy.
Thanks for playing — I’m launched into another year of reading adventures, so keep checking here for my reviews!