Thanks to everyone who played along with my Top Ten Books contest! Here’s the real list of my favourite books of 2011:
10. Caleb’s Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks.
9. Far to Go, by Alison Pick.
8. Rin Tin Tin, by Susan Orlean.
7. When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead.
6. Maus, by Art Spiegelman.
5. Between Mothers and Sons, edited by Patricia Stevens.
4. The Ghost Brush, by Katherine Govier
3. Bossypants, by Tina Fey.
2. Planting Dandelions, by Kyran Pittman
1. 11/22/63, by Stephen King.
I said I would pick four winners, but due to some behind-the-scenes factors as I analyzed the responses (basically that I got five people with the correct list who replied within a very short time of each other), I decided to go with five winners instead. And they are …
Inkslinger, who gets a copy of my Biblical Fiction Prize Pack (Esther; Deborah & Barak; Lydia; James)
Ruth and Cindy, who each get a copy of my Historical Fiction Prize Pack (The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson; By the Rivers of Brooklyn; That Forgetful Shore)
Lesley, who gets a copy of The Chronicles of Uncle Mose by Ted Russell (not on the Top Ten list, but one of the books I reviewed this year)
Kristin, who wins a copy of Far to Go by Alison Pick.
Thanks for playing, and happy reading in 2012! I’ll be back with some more reviews in a week or so.